Wanna join our team?
Love music? Well, what about writing? We’re always looking for new writers to join our dedicated team of volunteers! Interested? Check out the open opportunities below and let us know.
If you’re interested in applying to any of the below positions, please click “apply now” to send us your details with a few (preferably music related) samples of your writing and/or photography.
- Write, research and edit content for the website
- Stay up-to-date on new releases from small and big artists to deliver to our readers
- Meet strict deadlines
- A strong familiarity with indie/alternative music and the people who make it
- Produce two feature articles per week
- Experience writing both long articles and also shorter, easier reads
Experience & Skills:
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Strong passion for indie/alternative music
- We don’t look for specific qualifications but studying subjects with strong written communication skills are preferred
- More importantly, a motivation and passion for indie/alternative music
Position reports to editor-in-chief and managing editor. At least two relevant samples are required to be considered for the Blog Contributor position.
- We’re currently looking for photographers based in or near Los Angeles, Chicago, Austin, London, Manchester plus Australia & New Zealand.
- Motivation and passion for indie/alternative music
- Ability to travel is a plus
Position reports to editor-in-chief. Please send link to portfolio to be considered.